Sunday, June 13, 2010

New Card Art






Okay, so believe it or not, I DO actually craft once in a while.. Mostly at night after the kids have gone to bed! I've been working on a few projects for an upcoming craft fair I am entering (and hope to be accepted to). Here are some possibilities and let me know what you think!


In the meantime, it's dinnertime and I thought I'd share my favorite recipe that we're having tonight. My abso fav meal is Olive Garden's version. I have been attempting to come up with the recipe for quite some time and think I'm pretty close. (Because whether the one they have on their website is the actual or not, I CAN NOT make it turn out..) So, here's one that works for me. Next, I'm working on copying their Smoked Mozzarella Fonduta. MMM!

Trish's Chicken Alfredo
Chicken:
4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to flatten
1/3 c Flour
1 Tbsp Johnny's season salt
2 tsp Italian seasoning
1 Tbsp Wheat Germ - healthy and gives any breading a great nutty taste
1/2 c Heavy Cream
1/4 c Butter, melted
Olive Oil
Alfredo:
1/2 c Heavy Cream
1/2 c Parmesan, fresh grated -not the stuff in the can you put on pizza..
1/2 c Romano, fresh grated
Fettuccine, cooked
Melt butter and add to the cream in a quart sized Ziploc. In a another quart sized Ziploc, combine the dry stuff (flour, salt, wheat germ and Italian seasoning). Shake and then start dunking your chicken. You want to dunk chicken first in flour, then in the heavy cream/butter and then back in the flour to get a nice breading. Then into the pan with a little olive oil. Fry until browned and cooked thoroughly, about 5-7 min per side.
In the meantime, make your sauce. In a small saucepan over medium high heat, combine ingredients and start stirring. You want to keep it moving the whole time or it will burn. If it cooks to fast for you or you need to leave it for a sec, turn it down to medium. You can heat it back up right before you serve it. Keep it moving, while stirring, about 7 minutes until the cheeses melt. Serve immediately over the chicken and fettuccine. This doesn't store well, so eat what you have! Great with bread and other dippers!
Already my mouth is watering. Must be dinner time.
Warmly,

Trish

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails