Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The Mr. and Mrs {Bridal Shower}


As I told you yesterday, this is the second card I made for my niece, Paige's, bridal shower. You can not believe how dang easy this card was! As a mom of four, I am all about the time-saving now and this card won't let you down - if you have the secret ingredient! I won't keep you hanging *much*, but watch this video first. It tells you all about the August Love Your Layout in Studio J.


Wow, I just love Avonlea more and more every day! And Studio J is such a lifesaver, too, especially for those of us who may be, um, a little *behind*.

Ok, enough blather. The secret ingredient? Cricut Artiste! Here's the deets. I cut the Mr&Mrs in black cardstock at 4 1/4" (that's the height, not the width). Now, I need to make the base fit, so I measured and then cut the card at 5 1/2" out of White Daisy cardstock. Adhere the black to the white, then tie a cranberry ribbon in a bow and secure with a dab of Liquid Glass to mimic the "tux" on the "Mr." Then grab your Bitty Pearl Opaques and add 5 self-adhesive pearl "buttons" to the "Mrs." for the "dress". To attach the card to the basket I punched a hole in the corner and tied some Cranberry Twine to turn it into a cute tag, complete with my best wishes on the back. Oh, Snap! Baby, it doesn't get any easier than this! (You can slap me now for calling you baby.)

Artiste has plenty of fun sentiments for all your occasions, too, so don't let a lil' ol' bridal shower slow you down. There's baby, holiday and everyday sentiments among the almost 700 images on the cartridge. You ain't seen nothin' yet. Come to my Open House, this Saturday, August 25th from 1p - 4p and play around with the Cricut. You'll never look back.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun and simple card! Love it.

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for your sweet comments, Karen! You always make me smile.

Casandra Bennett said...

You've made my day twice over! LOL First of all, thank you for leaving me such a beautiful comment on my blog. Second, how did I not notice Mr. and Mrs. on the new cricut cartridge?! Fabulous! My next project involves a bridal shower gift (wedding album) with a 50's theme. This will be perfect! Woot, woot! Thanks a bunch! Oh, and cute card! Hehe.

Brandie said...


I just got back from my friends bridal shower and she's a bit of a crazy girl so we were seeking for something exceptional. Every single one of us got a personalized scavenger hunt shrit and the bride had to check off topics off our shirts throughout the night… we punished the bride with numerous drinks and absolutely everyone had a great deal of laughs. Identified an excellent web-site that lets you customize your own t shrits, mugs, post cards tons of other neat things.
www.amazingbacheloretteparty.com/games

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails