Thursday, July 1, 2010

Fabulous Patriotic Card Art


Close To My Heart's Convention for consultants starts in 6 days and I'm feeling the blues as everyone heads east to the festivities in Washington, D. C. The best way to cure that? CREATE! I've had this card idea in mind for a while and been waiting for some free time to play. So.. the kids hit the sack and I hit the craft room, er.. table.

The horses are not CTMH but everything else is. This card utilizes the Overstamping technique with the horses over the flag and star background that was highlighted on Art & Soul last month. You can view the episode and tutorial here. The horses are in Cocoa ink, the flag from the stamp set Vintage USA is stamped in Outdoor Denim and Cranberry inks on White Daisy cardstock and then matted on a Cranberry cardstock frame random stamped with the small and medium stars. The picture doesn't do this card justice thanks to my mad photo skills, but it's fun and easy to do. Try it out and send me your version!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails