Saturday, May 21, 2011

Sweet Dreams Banner



I just finished this banner for Brook's *belated* birthday this weekend. I had seen a photo for a wedding where the couple was arranged on a picnic against a shed backdrop with a pastel banner across the background and thought that would be cute for Brook's room. Banners are all the rage and Close To My Heart has these cute chipboard banner pennants in packs of 8, so now to the designing..


Her room is in pastel butterflies in Spring Iris and Sweet Leaf with a little of the old Breeze thrown in. Really cute, but hard to match decor surprisingly!! To get the right colors I used a bunch of scraps from my stash. Some old Breeze cardstock along with B&Ts from Life Delights and Whoops-A-Daisy, all of which are retired. Sorry for all the old stuff, but I bought it when we picked her room colors a few years ago. She has been asking me for decor for her walls, but I wasn't quite sure what to settle on until I saw these banners.


The letters are cut on the Cricut out of Chocolate cardstock and the stamping is in Chocolate, White Daisy and Spring Iris with a pop of Watermelon (retired) on the daisies to match the B&T. We have a glitter and unicorn kinda girl, so Prisma Glitter is used in liberal amounts. Check out each picture in finite detail by clicking on it for a larger image.



Brook loves it and I think it turned out pretty cute, too! 

Supplies Used:
My Creations Chipboard Banner (2) *8 pieces are included per package
My Acryix Stamps: Simply Splendid, Treasures, Find Your Style
Retired products: Watermelon ink, Whoops-A-Daisy My Reflections, Life's Delights My Reflections, Daydream My Reflections, Breeze cardstock and Top Coats Rockin'.

 Warm wishes,

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails