Monday, May 16, 2011

Tickled Pink and Happy Birthdays


Birthday month is almost complete and while I'm crazy about birthdays, I couldn't possibly eat another piece of cake! For some reason we decided to group all of the birthdays in a month in our family.. Okay, we didn't try but it worked out that way! So a big happy birthday to my bestest daughter Brook, my dad, and my niece, Danni this week!

The card featured today is a flashback from last year's Tickled Pink. Rather than scrapbooking it as was suggested, I've been slowly pecking away at it and turning out beautiful cards. My mother-in-law received this  card last week for Mother's Day. It's fun, flirty and floral all by itself, so I left off excess embellishments, instead going for a simple and classic look.

I made this card using a pattern from Wishes, one of our two Card Confidence program volumes (the other is called Originals.) If  you're ever stuck with a bunch of supplies and not sure what to do, our How-To books are the best! There are 4 scrapbook page volumes and 2 card confidence volumes giving you PLENTY of inspiration! Each book shows beautiful full-color examples a sketch of the pattern, cutting guide and complete assembly instructions along with some great tips and techniques on most every page to add WOW to your art. These books are invaluable as they can be reused again and again in different papers and colors or rotate the patterns for a fresh approach. They're never stale!

I hope your May Day is going great today. Speaking of MayDays, check out my layout of my daughter on my new Facebook Fan Page. I'd love for you to "like" it and come for a visit! I post art and conversation pieces on there frequently to help get your creativity rolling! You can link to it here. Please stop by and leave me some love! Happy crafting and see you soon!

Warm wishes,



Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.6

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails