Saturday, September 8, 2012

Avonlea Open House Artwork

Here are the remaining art items from my Autumn/Winter 2012 Idea Book and Cricut open house held last month. Guests received a thank you note and a pretty cupcake just for coming out. With Artiste, it's so easy to do parties and showers! You know the old adage, that a pretty ribbon just makes it prettier - well think of adding a pretty Slate cupcake wrapper on top of a beautiful white daisy doily cut on your Cricut! (Both are  on page 71.)
For the white daisy doily, I chose the Fit To Page option and it cut at 10 3/4". The cupcake wrappers are cut at 2 1/2" (this is standard, but double check by looking at the size on the package of paper liners.) The setting is prettied up with some Dark Chocolate Stripe Ribbon. (See, ribbon DOES make all the difference!)

The tiara on Brook's American Girl doll, Julie, was a last minute inspiration as I was flipping through the image catalog included with your cartridge. It's on page 69, cut out of Slate cardstock at 2 1/4" and prettied up with some Pearl Opaques.

I can not believe how many wonderful ideas there are with just ONE cartridge! One thing I really love about Close To My Heart's Cricut cartridges, Art Philosophy and Artiste, is the amazing value you get with each cartridge. Both have around 700 images including fonts, words, 3D objects and cards. That's about 650 more per cartridge than a normal Cricut Cartridge! After Art Philosophy, I wasn't sure I'd ever need another cartridge, it was so packed full of great universal images to use over and over. Then came Artiste. Close To My Heart has really outdone themselves! And don't forget the chipboard and the stamp images that go hand in hand with the two cartridges. What will they think up next?

Anxiously waiting,

2 comments:

Unknown said...

FUN projects!

Casandra Bennett said...

I just love reading your posts. I always find myself grinning ear to ear and even giggling. When you mentioned specifically the colors you used, I was chuckling to myself. I bet your daughter loved the handmade tiara. My girl will wear her's to town just because. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails