Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Two More Studio J Layouts

These two layouts are from our second day in Marsh Lake. Yes, I take A LOT of pictures. Don't make fun, it was difficult to weed it down to the ones I got, lol! The tips for these pages are less visible, but I wanted to tell you about them just the same.
 This first layout was one of my fastest! I didn't edit any of the photos and I kept the kit the way it was originally designed. However, it didn't always look like this! Notice the Butterfly in the bottom left corner. I loved this photo when I shot it, but the butterfly was much smaller in the overall photo. Through the magic of cropping, though I zoomed in to see the detail then saved it. Fast forward to Studio J time. On my first layout I wanted to highlight the butterfly - it was such a random event -we'd been driving slow waiting for the kids to catch up when low and behold this butterfly landed on the road practically under our feet! So I added this photo to a 4x6 photo well. Up pops a little yellow triangle with an exclamation point in it similar to the one below.
This symbol tells you your photo doesn't have enough resolution to look good in the size you have chosen. You can either rescan and/or resize it and upload it again or choose a smaller photo well. So I chose a layout that had a small photo well where it would still be prominent in the layout. I'm so glad Studio J tells me this because the photo looked fine on my computer's image editor, but if I had printed it for a traditional layout it wouldn't have turned out.


Layout number two uses a few of the same techniques we've rehashed, like text boxes over My Stickease on the Checklist, and in this case, even some stitching! The title is created with the Title Tool, which uses the My Stickease Alphabet and easily matches the spacing and proportion for you. I added a text box beneath "Under" to finish the title. Just remove the "paper" from the text box to get a clear background and you can add text over anything - photos, Stickease, titles. Thirdly, the right side journalling box was modified from the original which covered all 3 papers below the photos across the whole page. I just didn't have that much journalling for this page, despite Studio J's ability to scale the font to the box size, so I deleted the Journal text box, then added another that I could size to my specifications and finished it off with some brads.

Check out this video by Tresa Black about why Studio J is so fabulous!

Stay tuned this week for more Marsh Lake coverage and Studio J tips and don't forget to take advantage of the Block Party Constant Campaign, now through March 31st where you can get a free My Acrylix block with your $25 stamp order!

Warm wishes,


1 comment:

Unknown said...

More and more gorgeousness. Love 'em!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails